Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Yoga!

This weeks challenge is to stretch your muscles instead of work your muscles! There are plenty of free places to get yoga videos online like www.exercisetv.tv, and YouTube.com

So get ready, cause for this weeks challenge you are going to get to do yoga at least 3 times this week. I myself will be going to the gym to the yoga class!

I'm excited for everyone to report in every time you go to yoga and log your experience on your blog, I will be checking in on each one of you.

Yoga is a good way to center and get rid of stress in your life. This factor is key to being healthy and losing weight. More stress equals over eating and it lowers the ability for your body to be healthy and repair itself.

So log here what your commitment is. It doesn't matter how it looks, as long as you accomplish a minimum of 3 yoga sessions, this can be 15 min, for beginners and an hour for more advanced individuals.

And remember that to be healthy while working out to drink plenty of water!!!

Lets take this week by storm! Have a minimum of 3 yoga work out sessions completed by Tuesday's weigh in...

Good luck!

Love
Christine

3 comments:

  1. I love to attend Bikram Hot Yoga - it's the only one I have ever tried. It is what I call a bootcamp Yoga - it is a tough workout but I feel so energized after. I LOVE it!! I try to go 2-3 times a week because my body needs the stretch. It's 90 minutes of sweating, stretching with a lot of savasana's in between - interval training :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wrote out my exercise commitments for this week two days ago and I am trying out a new kettlebell video for my strength training this week. I set a goal for 32 miles of cardio too. Love Yoga and hope your classes kick your butt! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yoga has seriously led me to the beautiful shape I am today!! I always thought getting in shape meant running on a treadmill 4 times a weeks! I hated it and I never got results. Now, after just 3 months of doing yoga 3-4x a week I am stronger, more toned, and have lost the excess weight I tried to get rid of for years!! Anyonoe who thinks Yoga is not a viable exercise option, think again!!

    For anyone in Astoria, Queens, I go to an amazing studio called Yoga Agora. Its only $5 for a 75 minute class!! Check out their website for the class schedule: http://www.yogaagora.com/

    ReplyDelete